Saturday, November 20, 2021

Ways to “Come Unto Christ”

The invitation “come unto Christ” is an invitation to become like Him. Here are some examples of ways I can become like Him:

  • Accept or seek out every good thing that comes from Heavenly Father
  • Don’t accept or seek out things that are “evil gifts”
  • Don’t touch things that are not clean (spiritually speaking)
  • Wake up
  • Be alert
  • Keep temple covenants
  • Do what I can to strengthen the stake and ward I am in
  • Enlarge the borders of my capacities, friendships, love
  • Repent and turn to Christ to make up for where I cannot make up, and eventually become perfect with His help
  • Deny myself of ungodliness; spoil myself with godliness
  • Love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with every corner of my mind
  • Love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by using my physical and spiritual strength to do good things
  • Love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with the power that comes from being able to be the only one to make choices for my life
When I come to Christ completely, I then qualify for the grace He offers those who do. His grace is enough that I can be perfect—not alone, but “in Him.” By leaving evil and loving God, I meet His standard for receiving His reward: helping me where I have fallen short and thereby making me perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment